of our EasyBag
Why every step into the right direction matters
Fresenius Kabi is committed to reducing plastic waste in our product packagings and we will continue on this mission!
5 facts on plastic waste
- An estimated quantity of 8.3 billion tons of virgin plastics have been produced worldwide since the beginning of the use of plastic
- Approximately 6.3 billion tons of plastic waste have been generated worldwide since then
- According to experts, the oceans are expected to contain 1 ton of plastics for every 3 tons of fish by 2025 and even more plastic than fish (by weight) by 2050
- Up to 500.000 tons of plastic waste enter the oceans each year in the EU
- Plastic straws are in the top 10 of marine debris
As little as possible,
as much as necessary
Particularly for sensitive products used by patients, plastic is an important packaging material as it can be used for sterile manufacturing of sensitive products, it is lightweight, durable and serves as excellent product protection. Compared to other packaging materials, it is cost-sensitive promoting resource-conscious healthcare.
Our plastic-saving EasyBag
Compared to an average tube feed bottle on the market, EasyBag is the lightest container and saves …
EasyBag is the solution
EasyBag is the preferable solution for Enteral Nutrition products from an environmental and waste perspective.
Read more about the environmental performance of the EasyBag in this detailed life cycle assessment: Journal of APPLIED PACKAGING RESEARCH