Our effort to reduce plastic waste
Why every step into the right direction matters
Fresenius Kabi is committed to reducing plastic waste in our product packagings and we will continue on this mission!
5 facts on plastic waste
- An estimated quantity of 8.3 billion tons of virgin plastics have been produced worldwide since the beginning of the use of plastic
- Approximately 6.3 billion tons of plastic waste have been generated worldwide since then
- According to experts, the oceans are expected to contain 1 ton of plastics for every 3 tons of fish by 2025 and even more plastic than fish (by weight) by 2050
- Up to 500.000 tons of plastic waste enter the oceans each year in the EU
- Plastic straws are in the top 10 of marine debris
As little as possible,
as much as necessary
Particularly for sensitive products used by patients, plastic is an important packaging material as it can be used for sterile manufacturing of sensitive products, it is lightweight, durable and serves as excellent product protection. Compared to other packaging materials, it is cost-sensitive promoting resource-conscious healthcare.
Our plastic-saving EasyBag
Compared to an average tube feed bottle on the market, EasyBag is the lightest container and saves …
EasyBag is the solution
Tips for reducing your environmental impact
- Lunch groups: Set up lunch friends or groups and share your homemade meals. It avoids fast food packaging and is a lot of fun.
- Waste separation: Always separate waste and encourage colleagues to do so as well.
- Plants for freshness: Think of having plants in your office. They help to support room climate and are beautiful too. They also have a positive effect on the air quality.
- Use glass: When in need of a beverage, buy glass bottles and use glasses for drinking.
- Reuse paper: Don’t throw away your print-outs and use them for scribbles or notes.
- Double-sided printing: When you are printing a presentation or any other document, set the printer to double-sided printing.